Danville Police Department Drug Information
Keep Kids Drug-Free
- PARENT'S ARE THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE! Talk to your child about the dangers of drugs beginning at a young age.
- Know what your child is ding and set limits with rules and consequences for breaking them.
- Know who your child's friends are.
- Create a bond with your child so when you have to set restrictions it's less stressfull. This bond can be developed by
recognizing your child's strengths and listening to what they have to say.
- Setting a rule of "no drug use" will help your child navigate peer to other pressures to use drugs. You can be specific,
such as, "If you're at a party and you see that drugs or alcohol are being used, the rule is you leave the party. Call, I'll
come and get you."
- Teach kids ways of saying no to drugs. "I'm cool without drugs!"
- Youth often get into troube with drugs right after achool. Attempt to be with your kids then, but if you can't, make sure
your child is doing something positive with an adult around.
- If your child's excuse is that "everyone is ding it," you can reply, "You make your own decisions. You are our own person."
Danville Police Department's Free Drug Screen Program
Click the Graphic Above to Learn More
Signs of Drug Use
- Deteriorating relationship with family/friends? New group of friends?
- Changes in eating/sleeping habits?
- Depressed or withdrawn?
- Sudden loss of interest in favorite activities?
- Irregular school attendance? Declining grades?
- Increased hostility?
- Carelessness in grooming?
- Money missing from home?
- Breaking the rules?
- Presence of bottles, eye drops, lighters, or drug paraphernalia?
Suspect Your Child of Using Drugs?
- DO NOT IGNORE IT!
- Confront child, BUT not alone. Use family, trusted friend, or clergy.
- Only sure way of knowing is to have your child tested. (Denying to take a test is usually a sign of admission)
- Family physician (Preferred method)
- Home Drug Test
Is Your Child Using Drugs?
- DO NOT IGNORE IT!
- The moment you find out about drug use is NOT the time to discipline
- Get immediate professional intervention
- Family Physician
- Drug rehabilitation clinic
- Seek support for your self and family as well
Click the banner above to get answers, guidance, tips, and stories from drugfree.org
Help Make Danville a Safe, Drug Free Community!
Have a drug tip? Please send us an email to Drug@danvillepd.net detailing as much information as possible. Report should contain a detailed
description of suspected individual, vehicle used, times, and location. Any contact information you can supply would be helpful as well! We take
all tips very seriously and greatly appreciate all of your assistance!
Click the Link Above to go to the D.A.R.E. Website.